Tuesday 26 February 2013

A box full of savings...

 
I haven't bought anything from Approved Food for a while, but they tempted me back this week with a £5 voucher (which almost paid the delivery charge). I've learned my lesson and calmed down from my initial order with them...that was all about " gosh, can't believe it's that cheap...I'll try it at that price!" I still have a couple of tins of creamed corn left in the cupboard...if anyone has a recipe that makes it taste good please let me know Hahahah!
This time I've been more sensible and bought things that I use all of the time .
Josh look!!! Strawberry Ribena at 75p a bottle...such a shame they didn't have it while you were over ( Josh can't find this out in Oz)
Cop the size of that pack of scone mix! I wouldn't usually buy a mix for scones, but at £1.49 for 3.5 kg I figure the price I would have paid for ingredients justifies me being lazy:-) Ditto for cake mixes..quick and easy..and let's face it, I'm partial to a bit of cake!
 

So here we go...£26.29 (inc delivery) paid for £96.60 RRP worth of kit meaning I can have posh squash instead of smart price (not that there is anything wrong with smart price) and lazy bhaji mix..I certainly wouldn't have paid £1.55 a packet, but 25p is fine.

 
So it was a tin of broken mandarin pieces for pudding this evening..instantly transported back to childhood...although I would NEVER have been allowed to eat straight from the can...shhhh..don't tell.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you got some real bargains.You have got to save money where you can havent you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great box of goodies and a huge saving!!

    We had a tin of mandarins tonight with a tin of rice pudding :) Not very healthy but we did have salad for tea lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great saving. I've never ordered from Approved Food, I must take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saving money deserves a treat straight form the can. ...yum ...but mums the word ...shh. ;)

    ReplyDelete