Friday 15 February 2013

The Chicken has Landed!!


and we shall call her "Fernanda"......this isn't actually a photo of Fernanda...it's her stunt double. I picked her up late this afternoon ...popped to Hungerford to meet the girlfriend of one of my customers who had kindly brought her down with her from Bristol ( Abby was going to a meeting with her new employer in Hungerford...it wasn't a special journey for 1 chicken)  I wore a red anorak so as to be easily recognisable and the exchange was done in the library carpark...yup...those are the sort of deals we're doing in carparks here on the Berkshire/Wiltshire borders - none of your shady shennanigans here LOL. 
Yolko and Mo weren't wildly impressed with their new roomie...well Yolko wasn't  anyway (Mo is such a softy she wasn't all that worried ) but all were distracted and played nicely once I'd thrown in a couple of handfuls of mealworms :-)  They only had half an hour before bedtime so no time for fistycuffs (or enough light for a real photo)...hopefully they'll all be fine in the morning and I'll take a photo of the real Fernanda :-)  She is alledgedly the illicit love child of an Araucana and mystery partner so probably an olive egger.

Maybe she'll lay an egg and Mo & Yolko will feel guilty about their "pet" status and decide to join in and earn their keep :-)  haha...I live in hope.




4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the real Fernanda. I'd love to keep chickens but the time isn't right at the moment. I love the name Yolko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo...chickens are such fun and easy too...here's hoping that chicken days come to you too :-)

      Delete
  2. Yup - a handful of mealworms does it everytime !
    I have a small space at the side of the house where I could keep a chuck or two, trouble is I'd have to take up the slabs and I don't think the landlord would be too impressed.
    I used to take two dozen rescue girls at a time when I had the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhssshh...I'll come round and help you lift the paving slabs, we'll stash them somewhere safe (so that they can be put back later) and we'll install a couple of chooks...starting knitting the balaclavas now :-) LOL

      Delete