Sunday 3 February 2013

A "virtual" walk for Josh...

At Christmas time, we were going to go on a long walk, but each time we had the opportunity the weather was miserable and it got dark SO early that the one time we went out for a long walk we had to cut it short. Friday evening the sunset promised a nicer Saturday (and you know what they say - Yep, red sky at night, shepherds pie!) so I thought I'd take that walk and put it on here for you.
It was bitterly cold  but a lovely day yesterday as I walked up through Loves Copse.

 
There were lots of signs of badger activity..

and something had been having a good root around here...
The snowdrops up on the hills aren't out yet..
 
but they won't be long...
 The gorse is in bloom of course ( Don't they say "when gorse is out of bloom, then kissing is out of fashion" ?)
Here's the view down the path to Aldbourne...it's the same view as my banner, though not quite as lush as on a misty May morning.
 

Here's the view on the path the other way, walking towards Hilldrop

 I thought the tractor looked cool sillouetted against the sky
 and I rather liked these too...
Look at that glorious blue sky...it was completely clear at 11, but it's after 12 here and some clouds are starting to gather now.
Look...a perfectly manicured hill with stripes!!
It wouldn't be a walk with me if we didn't stop for a chat with the creatures, now would it?
 Back down in the valley where it's more sheltered the snowdrops are out..
Lots of birds were flitting around the hedgerow, chattering away...if you look carefully, you can see one perched in the middle...most of them were far too quick for me to photograph
The nettles are just starting to grow through too.....soon be enough to forage (I like them with pasta in a creamy sauce)
 There you go, my beauty...a 2 hour walk and you didn't even get puffed out climbing up and down (and up and down) the hills .
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely walk, and so much to see. I love the look on the sheeps face, "What are you looking at?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that walk. I feel quite refrshed now.
    I like seeing Snowdrops. For me it's like a promise that sping is on it's way soon.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some gorgeous countryside to walk in. I enjoyed your trip out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely walk. Thank you for allowing me to go with you. I appreciated every step ~ and I do believe we will be having shepards pie for dinner. ~ YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your company ladies...it was a pleasure to have you along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely views on this walk, I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete