Saturday 2 March 2013

Girls Allowed...

out in the garden at last !
 The sun was shining and the cats were on best behaviour(-ish) so today I toodled down the garden with the scissors to give the girls a quick trim in the right wing department, and then let them have a scratch around in the garden.
 


Baldrick felt that Fernanda needed his close supervision as it was her first time in the garden

 
Shy little Mo was pleased to be out in the sunshine too.
 
 
 
 
and Queenie kept a close eye on her
 
 
I thought it was sweet the way the 3 girls stuck together....old pals after 2 weeks


Yolko takes the lead....

 
 
Erm...what exactly is going on in your head Baldrick?
 
 
What's that you say? Lunch?
 
 
No chickens were harmed in the making of todays blog
(but I did keep a careful watch from the kitchen - LOL)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think cats see chickens as a potential 'dinner' - or even a snack.
    My neighbour's chickens often get through into my patch and the cats just ignore them. They also ignore pheasants and magpies, so perhaps it's all to do with size? Mouse size perhaps?
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun...love the Polish pom poms .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures and the chucks seem to be enjoying themselves. it's strange how cats seem to leave 'their own' alone isn't it ? I used to take in rabbits that had been mistreated, all sizes and shapes, and the cats never bothered with them, yet in the springtime they would often bring back baby wild rabbits from the fields - awful I know but nothing I could do about it.

    ReplyDelete