Wednesday 6 March 2013

A few of my favourite things.....

 
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Of course! And raindrops on any other plant, and I'd hate to be ageist  so let's cut the older felines some slack too! Things made of wood are what gets me smitten!
 
Are there certain types of "things" that you find yourself attracted to again and again? Over the years,  I  have found myself repeatedly picking up little wooden things for myself and for others. Some of these were things that I bought for my Mum, (and Nan) so naturally I was pleased for them to come back to me. Some of these are presents - friends and family know they won't go far wrong in my book with a little wooden something.. these are little shelves of memories


The little piece of wood inside the bowl is silky smooth and was found by Ethan in the woods when he was about 6, spice box was a present for Mum
 
Beautiful spoons from Josh for Christmas, and beautiful bowls made by Sarah's Dad

 
A little dish from the New Forest and a gecko found on holiday for Mum
 
 
 
The cat that Mum took a shine to in that little shop in Falmouth
 
 
Drawing of Ethan by Sarah, photo of Mum - aged 4
 

Ooops...I see the bits where I didn't dust very well Hahaha - nevermind.
 
 
What have you got that collects dust but still makes you smile??

6 comments:

  1. That makes a lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old glass... bowls, dishes, anything I can stick a tea light in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how lovely..and particular colour or period glass? I have a small tealight fetish myself :o)

      Delete
  3. Nice collection of things you've got there. There's plenty more bowls here if you want any more :) It's jugs with me, can't get enough of them! Re the kites, I've seen them diving into the neighbour's garden after chicks or ducklings I think, not sure they'd go after anything bigger? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you recognise a couple of then Debbie!
      I don't know what a kite would be able to lift...they're surprisingly big up close. They land on the roads around here to snack on the roadkill :o)

      Delete