Tuesday 12 March 2013

The girls are back on form....

Finally the girls are back on lay! I don't know whether Mo and Yolko were embarassed by Fernanda and decided that they've had enough of the "pet life" and were ready to earn their keep again or , more likely the longer daylight hours just triggered some chemical in their little feathered bodies.
 
 
 

The bantam eggs seem to be a little bigger this year...last year it was a struggle to put them on the egg skelter as they weren't quite big enough and kept slipping through.
 

I wonder how long they'll be able to keep up the alternating pattern....not long I bet      :o)
 
 
I don't mind, they can lay in any order they please....I'm just happy to be collecting an egg every morning - I don't know how much is psychological, but somehow your own eggs always seem to taste nicer. Scramble egg on toast for lunch today...nom nom nom!
 

2 comments:

  1. Scrambled, poached, boiled, whichever way you do them they'll taste gorgeous! They certainly look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get eggs rather regular again , good for you ...Our hens still on strike ...more snow forcasted for Monday ...ugh~ I had to post Old Summer pics around the farm on my blog today just so I could remember what warm weather looks like around here ~ sigh

    ReplyDelete