Monday 9 July 2012

Weekend Walkabout

When it's not peeing down with rain, I like to go for a walk at the weekend. Here are some pictures of my walk into Hungerford at the weekend...it's about 6 miles there ( and of course 6 miles back) so any shopping needs to be of the super - light variety cos martyr I ain't! I had already walked about 2 miles before I thought to get the camera out - silly me... it's a fairly easy going , flat walk along the river valley, with only the one proper hill to get over...

Here is Littlecote House...now a hotel..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littlecote_House

One day I think I'll stop in for tea and cakes...

As usual (for me anyway) I like to stop and chat to the creatures on the way.. these 3 must be used to tourists at the hotel as they stood and posed, and wouldn't move until I had photographed them LOL.


These ladies weren't afraid to come right on in for a close up - yeah baby the camera lurves you!


Now , I can manage photos of the tame ones, but the wild ones are just too quick for me....there were a pair of deer boinging through a barley field in a manner that made me laugh out loud, but I wasn't quick enough or a good enough photographer to catch them.

This one wasn't fast enough though...poor wee thing...I guess adders don't know their green cross code :-(


Here's a picture from halfway up the hill looking back...somehow the camera lens always seems to flatten out the view though...



Through the copse...


and out onto the other side of the hill where I can see Hungerford..


I took this photo of poppies as I loved the way they stood out against the barley...didn't see
many poppies in the field...I guess they spray the crops to avoid this


There was a sign at the bottom of the hill saying that this barley will be going to the Ramsbury Brewery for beer...I heartily approve!  (Ramsbury Ales are delish...try some if you get the chance)

Ahhh Hungerford, there you are , I'm nearly there...


Here are some of the flowers I saw on the way...I've marked them with what I think they are...but feel free to put me straight if I'm wrong


                                                               Agrimony???
                                                           White Campion

                                                       Bladder Campion


                                             Common Spotted Orchid?

And finally...a couple of gratuitous chicken pictures simply because they were on the camera and I like them:-)


Mother Clucker on a "good hair day"

Yolko Ono looking particularly sleek with her 50s teddy-boy 'do!


bye for now....beddybyes time for me...
KKWF ^..^

2 comments:

  1. Ramsbury Ales. It's not a brew that I have come across, Kitty. I can see I shall have to extend my travels a bit beyond Berkshire. Many years ago I did some illustrations of Pubs for the Good Beer Guides. We covered Bucks and Berks only. I must stop awhile in Wilts. It's usually straight through on the A303 for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a cool gig to illustrate the beer guide! I hope you tested both the establishments and the beers extensively in order to communicate effectively ;P
      To be fair, I'm only just into Wiltshire...the county boundary cuts across that hill and field somewhere as Hungerford is definately in Berkshire.

      Delete