Wednesday 4 July 2012

EEEwwwwwww!!!



I don't usually kill any creature...and my home is a spider sanctuary (well, if they are smart enough to avoid the cats...) but I can't abide slugs.
This years rain has brought uber slugs...think my poor wee chooks would choke on them!

 Maybe it's their slimyness (is that even a word?) or maybe it's that they systematically destroy all of my carefully nurtured seedlings and veg...I even found one one the leaves of the tomatoes for goodness sake...nothing eats tomato leaves!
Anyway...lil Cath has moved from next door but one, so there is no longer a prohibition on bad language in the garden (and Mo can go back to her given name of Mother Clucker) ....patrons of the Crown & Anchor may have heard in the distance middle-aged mutterings of "die, fecker, die" as I wandered around the garden with a pair of scissors merrily chopping the little bastards in half!

No comments:

Post a Comment