Tuesday 10 July 2012

Kittens 1st vet visit..


The kittehs are now 16 weeks old and went to the vets for the first time today. Only their 2nd trip in a car...and in a spooky replay of 8 weeks ago when I collected them from Swindon, Queenie yowled loudly all the way...for a dainty girl she sure is gobby.  Once we got to the vets she was fine and they were both quite intrigued by the puppies in the waiting room. Todays visit was for microchipping...funds are limited, and microchipping is a priority for me as my cat flap works by recognising their chips...for the last few weeks I've had to keep it locked when I'm at work or asleep as they managed to get out into the rain, but couldn't get back in as they weren't chipped. This has meant that poor Akira hasn't been able to come and go as he pleased either. All fixed now tho'...Queenie and Baldrick did me proud and didn't flinch or utter a sound as the vet "injected" the chip. The boys never made a fuss when they were vaccinated as babies either...clearly I'm blessed with stoic kids and pets.  Anyhoo...cat flap now programmed to recognise them...I just need them both to learn how to use the cat flap.
 I'm currently favouring the "prop it open with a stick " method whilst they get used to going in and out.


Let's hope they catch on fairly fast, as I can see 2 others who may take advantage of an open cat flap in order to raid the mealworm cache...... luckily Baldrick is on Guard-Kitty duty...


take care
KKWF  ^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment