Thursday 12 July 2012

RIP Akira :( 14/4/2011 - 12/7/2012


When I went out to work this morning there were 3 cats in the house...when I came home this evening only the kittens came to greet me. A little strange I thought, but I toddled through the house to the back door to yell "tea-time" which usually guarantees a feline stampede. There, by the steps, in the rain, I found Akira, cold and stiff, with not a scratch on him. Akira was just 15 months old, and he survived his sibling Aiko by just 3 months. Aiko was poisoned by antifreeze at the beginning of April ( verified by the vet) and the fact that Akira was fine last night makes me think that possibly Akira suffered that same fate.
He was always such a good natured chap with a wicked sense of fun...he loved to sit on the dresser or bookcase, look you straight in the eye and deliberately sweep items off onto the floor one by one with his paw. When Aiko died, he really missed him, but when I brought the new kittens home 7 weeks ago he was friendly and groomed them and once again enjoyed kitten games of chase and wrestling..you could see that he took into account how much bigger than them he was. Much as I'd like to think that it's an accident and that no-one would deliberately kill a cat, you have to wonder when I've lost 2 cats and next door but one have lost 2 cats in the space of 4 months. If someone is doing this deliberately I would really like to think that what goes around comes around ! Anyway...enough rant, I'm incredibly sad , but there are still 2 kittens here that need cuddling . Glass of wine at the ready (if I still smoked I would SO have a cigarette or 10 now) ..raising a toast to my beautiful furry boy who was too young to be going to the great compost heap yet a while....
To Akira!

8 comments:

  1. This is the worst news! I'm so very sorry. I adore all animals particularly cats, and I do know how you are feeling.
    He was so young too, well both of them really.
    I feed a 'lodger' cat here, called Roger of course, he came yesterday, and didn't look well at all, he was sick and had diarhea, I kept him in the warm, fed him little tidbits, and he was fine this morning, thank goodness, I swear he had been poisoned too, thankfully he's got over it.
    There are some really wicked people in this world, I daren't say on here what I'd like to do to them.
    My heart is with you and your poor little boy, raise that glass, drink that wine and know you're not alone. I'll raise a glass for you both too.
    God bless and hugs coming your way ........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wean..I'm glad Roger is feeling perkier:-)

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your cat. I really hope no one's poisoning them on purpose. Thanks for sharing the photo's of Akira. Will be thinking of you and your lovely kittens. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so terribly sorry. There are some wicked people in this world and one can only hope that they get what they deserve. Poor Akira, poor you. It is of no consolation, but I am thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, I feel moved to tears :-( To think anyone could ever intentionally harm an animal :-( One of our free range garden bunnies went missing following a neighbor dispute earlier in the year...we'll never know. Take pleasure in knowing his short life was a good one, with someone who obviously loved him very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MY! So sorry about your bunny Claire...it's so horrible to think that someone might take out their temper tantrums on a defenceless animal isn't it. I know that I'm old enough to be more grown up and magnanimous but I like to harbour the hope that if someone does something nasty , it comes round and bites them in the bum , double!

      Delete