Thursday 31 January 2013

Must try harder!!!

 

Well how rubbish was I on my January food spend?? Appalling at the beginning of the month...I had already spent £65 before I made a list of what's in the freezer and reined the spending in. I know Josh and Nat were here at the beginning of the month, but they were doing a fair bit of travelling round so didn't eat that much!
All in all I spent £83.29!! That doesn't include any catfood...that's just piggy ole me!! And I don't eat meat!! 
Oh well, no point in crying over spilt milk eh? ( or nommed pies!) I'll just have to pay more attention in February and do better!  On the plus side, I only spent £17 once I'd realised how rammed the freezer was ( didn't stop me buying a couple of fish pies at 79p each for lazy days though and some scampi for a treat)

I think I'll set a target for February of £40...that should easily cover thinks like milk & veg. etc.  Maybe having a target will keep me a bit more focused, and having announced it, the shame of failing might keep me in line too LOL!
It's difficult to pick up reduced sticker stuff very often now that I work from home as it doesn't make sense to make a special 15 mile round trip to the supermarket on the offchance of some bargains.

I'm off to sit on the naughty step to think about what I've done....






4 comments:

  1. Consider yourself told off ! I can see your point about travelling 15 miles to a supermarket on the offchance of getting the bargains, they aren't always there, that's why I get what I can and freeze it. I'm lucky because I have sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons in walking distance and Tesco and Aldi just a longer walk or a short drive away. It sounds like it's a busy area but it really isn't it's very open with fields all around - best of all worlds really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hangs head in shame*
      Sounds perfect where you are:-) Have you eaten any of your puddings yet??
      I could walk to Tescos but it's about 8 miles LOL
      I used to stop off on the way home from work for the bargains. Now I try to tie in a visit to Lidl with customer visits. Never mind - just think of all that petrol I'm saving working from home:-)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. You are a bit hard on yourself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah John..tongue in cheek a bit :-) There's no wolf at the door but I need to get out of the habit of wasting money (for goodness sake...I could have bought wine with that!!!)

      Delete