Wednesday 10 April 2013

Just you sit there lil chicky!

(stunt double - Yolko not in a posing mood!)

Well I think Yolko is definately broody...she's been sat on one of her eggs that I left her with, and 2 wooden eggs for a week now. She steps off once a day to get a drink, something to eat and hurries back so today I've bought her a little present....some Silkie, Orpington and Welsummer Bantam hatching eggs.

I've stuck 'em under her bum and now we'll just have to wait and see if she can stay put for 3 weeks.....wish me luck! (and Yolko of course)


4 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so jealous, I would love a couple of chickens but sadly we have nowhere to put any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that little red chook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh clapping Wildly do keep us posted, I love when we have a broody hen setting!

    ReplyDelete