Sunday 2 September 2012

Ready for winter...

Yes I know we've only just edged our way out of August...but I only have Ethan home for a few weeks of the year so I have to utilise him to the full when he's home. Yesterday, in line with the BBC weather report, we had a few hours of sun, so I had organised to have a cubic metre of logs delivered. I am mid terrace so they had to set the sack down on the road out front and we Ethan had to carry them round to the back.
 
I don't have a wheelbarrow so Ethan carried trug upon trug load round and tipped them onto the lawn for me to stack in the log store.
 
 
I have no idea how many times Ethan went back and forth...it was like the ant and the rubber tree plant..a cubic metre is an awful lot of wood:-)
 
 
I used my middle aged lady joker card and played log tetris to get them all stacked away. What a great team we made :-)
 
 
 
All done! Snug as a bug in a rug! A perfect little home for over wintering wasps and spiders...last year I had to check all of the logs for hibernating wasps as I brought them in...any I missed came back to life in the warm living room. Will be more careful this year.
 
 
Well that's another job off of the "while Ethan is home" list. (I've already had him up a ladder trimming back the wisteria on the front of the house...may have been a tad premature there as it's now putting on a bit of a growth spurt )  Order for Approved Foods done and he'll be home for the delivery in the week CHECK! Still to do...get the chimneys swept, get the Rayburn serviced. If I can get these booked in the next fortnight whilst E is still home it will save me having to take days off of work. It hasn't been all work and no play though...any evening that the sun has been shining we've gone for long walks when I've gotten home from work, and last weekend we walked to Hungerford and back...I think our route took us around 13 or 14 miles. I was really chuffed when Eth commented on how much my fitness had improved...he's a fast walker and previously had to slow down for me...not any more though...the lunchtime walks round the lake and evening and weekend walks up and down hill here are obviously paying off. Anyway, enough rambling on from me tonight...I've been properly domestic in the kitchen this week but I'll save that tale for another day.....time for a glass of wine for me, methinks :-)  Cheers!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is when having sons really pays off! Isn't it a great feeling when you have gathered in the winter fuel.

    Well done on all the walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi - email me your address so I can post the bag please lovvie xxxxx janemclark@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Froogs...I've just resent the mail again :-) hope you can see it now

      Delete