Monday 13 August 2012

Have I made a convert???

It may be a little early to tell, but I think I might just have Ethan thinking about the amount of meat he eats (not a huge amount to be honest...meat was never more than 20% of the plate - max) In the bit under a fortnight that he has been home he's had a salad for lunch each day (as this is what I take to work and it's easy to make 2)..Greek salad with "Greek style salad cheese"...(25-30% of the price of feta)fish stick and chilli salad etc, spag bol and mousaka, both made with Quorn Mince, Tarka Dal and rice, home made felafel, veggie fry ups with Quorn Bacon and Linda McCartney sausages, Sausage/mash/savoy cabbage & onion gravy , lots of various pastas with varying veggie based tomato sauces, lots of fish, full on roast dinner with a Quorn roast, veg thai green curry, mushroom risotto and the list goes on...
Actually, I think you get to eat more interesting, flavourful food as you can't be quite so lazy - you have to think about what you are going to eat/cook. Now, how are we going to convince Josh??? Think that might be a tough one...he's a professional chef and loves to cook meat...I think there will still be cow on the Xmas dinner table this year!
No meat hiding in here!

...but Baldrick doesn't mind...he's going to lick that baking tray anyway...

....the evidence by the back door indicates that the feline residents are not seriously contemplating a veggie life.
Whatever this poor birdie was ( I think it's name was "lunch") I hope the Queenie and Baldrick can differentiate between the pigeons in the garden and Yoko and Mo....



3 comments:

  1. No need to convert me, I would be very happy to eat any of the meals you have mentioned. They all sound delicious. What time is dinner tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe Elaine...Ethan is in the kitchen now cooking fish chowder...serving at 7:30,I'll set you a place:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kitty - email me, janemclark@hotmail.com - you were the bag winner - Love Frugal Queen

    ReplyDelete