Friday 15 June 2012

Feeding my addiction...

I seem to have become addicted to charity shops. Somehow the fact that it's cheap, and I'm rehoming something that has been pre-loved makes it a noble deed rather than a dirty consumeristic transaction...oh how we kid ourselves LOL! With careful googling I've managed to find 5 charity shops within easy lunchtime perusal distance of my office in Theale. One is walking distance in Theale High Street..but I think they have aspirations ...they seem to price everything as if it's a vintage shop not a charity shop. I don't really want to pay £8 for a second hand book thanks. Anyhoo...lunchtime forays yesterday and today have bagged me the following goodies:-)
I found this in the Sue Ryder shop...I really don't like the picture, but the frame is perfect for the Annabel Fairfax print that I've had rolled up in a cardboard tube for 6 months.
TaDah!!! Now I like it much better.

I also found these 4 Spode Blue Italian cups...I have lots of Spode spice jars so they'll match...now I need to find some saucers...£4.95 for the set...a little more than I would usually spend but far cheaper than Ebay methinks.
This darling little dish and spoon were 50p...good for salt I thought..I have a SaltPig already but this might make a nice gift. Anyone got any ideas as to what else I could use it for?
I've been looking for a little hand drill for ages...I find it a pain to trek to the shed at the bottom of the garden for the power drill when all I want to do is drill a few holes in the bottom of a plastic pot...think this might come in useful and it reminds me of my grandad who had a shed full of wonderful tools like this. I still have his folding wooden ruler that I remember playing with as a small child.

Last but not least, I found this little chalk board...I'm thinking that maybe if I wrote on here some of the things I need to do , a few of them might even get done...we'll see. Anyway, that was £13 shamelessly splurged on these items over 2 lunch breaks so I'd better pack in some serious no-spend days to the end of the month.I find that I can be very good for a while but every now and then I have a lapse... Still, falling off the frugal wagon in the charity shop is a lot less dangerous that doing it in Next & Monsoon eh??
Anyway I think I'll have a glass of wine and then trek up the wooden hill...sleep tight peeps :-)

2 comments:

  1. Money well spent! That little dish with the spoon is so cute - and the blue and white cups are really nice. That little hand drill made me smile, my father had one of those, I was always fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I still have his folding wooden ruler that I remember playing with as a small child."
    So do I still have, not only my father's, but also my grandfathers old rules. It's funny you should mention this as my last post was about measuring things.
    I too can't resist charity shops, but unfortunately, I am running out of space for everything.
    Cheers.....Bernard.

    ReplyDelete