Wednesday 12 June 2013

My kind of "kind of" holiday


I had last week off on holiday...I had specifically timed it to coincide with the kittens arrival ( like some sort of bizarre feline grandparent!) Didn't I just get it right with the weather though? It was GLORIOUS (Ethan says only old people say glorious LOL) I didn't go away - I never do. The last time I went "away" on holiday I took Mum to Cornwall for a week...we stayed just outside of Boscastle and left the day before the flood so my last "holiday" must have been 2004. I can't honestly say that I miss having holidays...let's be honest - where I live it feels like the sort of place you would go to on holiday if you wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle. Now obviously, I spent quite a bit of time looking at kittens, (tongue out concentrating on growing)
 



 but I did get some chores done and squeezed in a few outings.
My garden furniture was in need of a spruce up after the long winter (to be fair, I got it second hand and it was already rusty long before winter)



I spent 2 days in the garden armed with my trusty paintbrush and a tin of hammerite and TADAH!!! 2 chairs and 2 tables later - new furniture! ( I don't know why the pictures are loading on the squiff...they are fine in my folder...oh well...neck exercise for you! )
 
 
 
I visited Caen Locks..
 
 
I went to a car boot sale (haven't been to one for about 20 years)
 


I visited Ethan in Bournemouth...we went for a walk in the woods, walked through the gardens,  had a decadent sea food platter lunch in a restaurant, a browse round the shops, a ride on the land train and a walk back along the beach (including a 99 with a flake!)
 
 
I sunbathed in the garden and read a book
 

 I climbed up Beacon Hill...and could see for miles
 
 
 
 Look, I could even see "Downton Abbey" :)
 
 
 I hadn't realised that Lord Carnarvon was buried up there...
 
 
 
 


 
 
I visited Donnington Castle
 
 
 
 
 
I went to the Wiltshire Steam and Vintage Rally... (wish I had been wearing my walking boots...it was right under Oare Hill)
 
 
 
So, I did a lot of the same sort of things that people do when they go on foreign holidays,(oh all right, the sort of things I do...no burgers were eaten, no union jack shorts were worn, no fake tan and false eyelashes were applied, and I didn't get pissed and go clubbing lol)  it's just that a lot of my outings were half an hour away from home. No cat and chicken sitters required.
 
 
I hope that you have as lovely a time on your holiday as I did on mine :o)
 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a fabulous holiday to me - and you got to sleep in your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me feel a little more excited about our holiday at home in August. Oddly, I was just going to write about it. Spoooooky timing :)

    ReplyDelete