Thursday 13 June 2013

And...back down to earth


Lovely holiday last week. Back to work on Monday, great team meeting, pipeline looking good, momentum building. Tuesday, the Canadians have decided to "close down" Europe and you 4 will be out of a job (BUGGER!). Wednesday they got rid of a load of people in Canada too apparently. We will get letters by the end of the week. My UK Boss is saying carry on as normal for the time being and he will try to secure funding to set up as a separate UK operation (if the board agree). Once the cards are laid on the table and I know where we are at, I will deal with it (somehow) but I have to say that this "limbo" is driving me mental.
Sorry for posting something negative...struggling a bit with todays "reasons to be cheerful"....think I'll take my cup of tea upstairs and watch kittens for a bit.
(their little faces have rounded out a bit and they are just starting to open their eyes)

3 comments:

  1. Hope things work out ok. Not what you need at the moment with all those extra mouths to feed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh b***er!! I'm sure something else will turn up, my mum has a saying 'as one door closes another one opens' and I always think about that if I get bad news.
    I would definitely be happier watching cute little kittens though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, not fun. Hope your boss is barking up the right tree with his idea for funding.

    ReplyDelete