Saturday 1 June 2013

Little chick goes on an outing..


A sunny day (about bloody time too...1st June indeed!) and Yolko brought little chicky out for a wander in the garden. She's a very defensive Mum...see how she's all puffed up....she thinks I am too close to her baby!  I've been searching the internet, looking at young chick pictures to see if I can identify what breed the chicky is...closest pictures seem to be Australorp, and (gulp) Jersey Giant. How hilarious would that be ? Tiny Polish bantam "Mum " to a huge Jersey Giant? Maybe I'll pop down to the chicken man at Littlecote and see if he recognises what it is. ( I bought a dozen mixed eggs from him...he has all sorts of breeds there)
Pet count remains at 6 today (Queenie, Baldrick, Yolko, Mo, Fernanda and un named little chicky)- Queenie is 9 weeks pregnant today and has a tummy full of squirming catlings...it's delightful when she sits on my lap and I can feel them kicking. I'm watching her closely to see if she has gone off of her food as an indication of labour about to start - at the moment she wants about 47 small meals per day.  I'm sure we shall have news soon. In the meantime, I shall leave you with a photo of Queen Fatling & her belly.....blinking at the camera flash

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, it must be lovely to feel Queenies, wriggling tummy!! I can imagine all those lovely kittens, you are going to have fun in your house soon!!

    ReplyDelete